It’s apple-tizing. (I was punning on ‘appetizing’. Maybe it makes more sense when you read it aloud?)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Stir. You may need to break up brown sugar clumps with your spoon.
- Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to a different bowl. Ensure that they are mixed before condensing the two bowls’ contents and stirring once more.
- Pour the apples in first, stirring the batter with your spoon as you do. Add in walnuts and raisins, making sure that all the mix-ins are distributed evenly throughout.
- Place batter in a greased 8×4 bread pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.