Tempeh doesn’t have to be tasteless!
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin preferable
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Drizzle of sriracha hot sauce
- Fill a small pot with water. Bring water to a boil.
- Chop tempeh block into 4-6 pieces before putting it the in boiling water. Reduce the heat to low and let tempeh simmer for five minutes. (I know this is annoying, but do not skip this step. The tempeh will better absorb flavor and hold spices if steamed!)
- Oil a large pan. Add garlic cloves. Leave them to set for a minute.
- After five minutes, remove tempeh from water with a spoon and transfer it to a plate. Dispose of excess water, and wet tempeh with lemon juice before patting it on both sides with curry powder and nutmeg.
- Transfer the tempeh to the spiced pan. Cook on one side for five minutes before flipping and cooking for ten minutes on the other side. Immediately after flipping the tempeh, add vegetables and sprinkle with chile flakes.
- Remove tempeh and vegetables from pan. Once the meal has been plated, drizzle mixture with the desired amount of sriracha sauce.