When I was in the ER about three months ago, I threw up a slushie of my internal organs on a poor crew of doctors. I felt bad, so as soon as I got released, I made them these cookies.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly-chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, vanilla, and softened butter. Beat and set aside momentarily.
- In another bowl, mix flour, sugars, soda, and salt. Stir these ingredients, making sure the brown sugar does not clump. Add walnuts and chocolate chips before stirring once again.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls. Stir until the texture is consistent throughout and the distribution of the nuts and chips even.
- Use a tablespoon to transfer dough from the bowl to a greased or parchment-covered cookie sheet. Each cookie should be about two tablespoons large. Once the quantities have been measured, roll dough into balls.
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 10 minutes.